The washing machine was full of Mike's clothes so I threw in a towel and a few wash cloths. Then I added about a pound of laundry detergent and a liberal amount of bleach.
These pants are totally still wearable.
This is Mike's favorite Star Wars shirt. I think the bleach spots on the shoulder add to the edgy bounty hunter look, don't you?
If I had been just a little more thorough, Mike would have a nice pair of shorts.
Did anyone else know that bleach is corrosive?
Note From Mom
***Before I get comments on what kind of horrible mother would have dangerous chemicals where her toddler could reach them and thus laden heaping piles of guilt on my head (like I haven't already done that myself) let me state the facts:
- The bleach and laundry detergent were on a shelf above my washing machine, a full five feet off of the ground.
- The bleach has a child proof (*scoff*) lid that was screwed on tightly.
- As near as I can figure, he pushed a bucket to the washing machine and climbed up that way.
- All of this was accomplished in a matter of minutes.
- Duct taping this child to a chair for all of his waking minutes is the only real way of keeping him out of trouble, and even then I'm not so sure that would do the trick.